PC-BSD 10.0-RELEASE is now available for download!
A special thank you to all the developers, testers, translators and docs team members who helped make this release possible.
10.0-RELEASE notable features
- Includes FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE
- Updated KMS / AMD driver support
- ISO file is a hybrid USB file, and can be Ã¢â‚¬Å“ddÃ¢â‚¬Å“ed to a USB media.
- New text-based installer
- Able to select between GRUB/BSD loaders during installation
- New desktops! Gnome 3, Mate (Replaces Gnome2) and Cinnamon
For a more complete list, checkout the WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s New in 10.0.
Online updating to 10.0-RELEASE is now available for users running 9.2-RELEASE systems. As with any upgrade, please make sure to backup your critical data beforehand.
To get started, first ensure that your packages and world/kernel are up to date, and then apply the update to 10.0 using the following command at a root prompt:
pc-updatemanager install fbsd-10.0-RELEASE
NOTE: If you are on an older 9.2 install that still uses UFS, you will want to install 10.0 fresh and move to ZFS. Many of our new tools and utilities depend upon ZFS functionality.
Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our Trac database.