The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of 10.2-RELEASE!
A very special thanks to all the developers, QA, and documentation teams for helping to make this release possible.
PC-BSD 10.2 Notable Changes
- FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE base system
- Many bugfixes and enhancements to installer to dual-boot setups
- New CD-sized network installation media, with Wifi Configuration via GUI
- Switched to “iocage” for jail management backend
- Disk Manager GUI now available via installer GUI
- Bug-fixes and improvements to Life-Preserver replications
- Improved localization options for login manager
- Options to Enable / Disable SSHD or IPv6 at installation
- New “Plugins” system for AppCafe, allowing download of pre-built jail environments
- Improvements to look-n-feel of AppCafe for package management
- Improved fonts and better support for 4K monitor setups
- Enterprise package repo, which only has security updates, allowing users to run a server / desktop or jail with fairly consistent package versions.
- Firefox 40.0_1,1
- Chromium 44.0.2403.130
- Thunderbird 38.1.0
- Lumina 0.8.6
- GNOME 3.16.2
Users currently running 10.1-RELEASE can now update their system via the updater GUI or “pc-updatemanager” utility to be upgraded to 10.2-RELEASE.
10.2-RELEASE media (Including VM’s and network installers) can be downloaded from this URL via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.2? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.