The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of the next PC-BSD quarterly update, version 10.0.2!
This update includes a number of important bug fixes as well as newer packages and desktops, such as KDE 4.12.5, Cinnamon 2.2.13, Gnome 3.12.2, and more. This release also includes an alpha release of the new Lumina desktop which is being developed on PC-BSD. For more details and updating instructions, refer to the notes below.
- KDE 4.12.5
- Cinnamon 2.2.13
- Gnome 3.12.2
- Alpha release of Lumina desktop
- Revamped AppCafe and PBI subsystems, integrated fully with FreeBSD’s PKGNG
- AppCafe support for application screenshots, 5-Star rating system and comments integrated with our Wiki
- Unified various UI elements and keyboard shortcuts
- Integrated package cleanup functionality into AppCafe / PBI system
- Updated Control Panel UI with additional view options and asynchronous item reading
- Improved UI notification between applications and tray notification systems
- Added PulseAudio as default audio backend for all packages which can support it
- Added full-disk encryption options with GELI, which does *not* require a separate un-encrypted /boot partition
- Support for automatic boot-environment creation before doing any upgrades or updates to the system or packages
- Boot-environment support for full-disk encrypted installations
- Added support for adding snapshot “Comments”
- Options to set L2Arc / ZIL devices during installation
- Many other bugfixes and improvements to Life-Preserver, Warden and more
A more detailed list of changes can be found in What’s New in 10.0.2.
Desktop users already running 10.0 can update via Control Panel -> Package Manager -> Updates. Server users can update via the “pc-updatemanager” command-line utility.
If package updating fails due to conflict errors, please be sure to apply all system updates first before trying again.
After updating and rebooting, please run the AppCafe once to begin the conversion process from the old style PBIs to 10.0.2 packages.
10.0.2 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from here.
Found a bug in 10.0.2? Please report it (in as much detail as possible) to our Trac Database.