Recently swills@ upgraded Graphite and reconfigured how it works to fit more in to the FreeBSD file system layout.
So if you are upgrading from a graphite installation older than 0.9.12_1, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- Stop carbon
- Copy the old data from /usr/local/storage/whisper/* to /var/db/carbon/whisper/
- Copy the /usr/local/etc/carbon/carbon.conf.example over to carbon.conf
- Set the SECRET_KEY to something random in /usr/local/etc/graphite/local_settings.py
- Then follow the instructions after the install, including updating the httpd.conf per the message after the install
- Restart Carbon and Apache
Be careful that you do not miss any of the steps and you should have a working Graphite install.