The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC2 images for the upcoming quarterly 10.1.1 release.
Please test these images out and report any issues found on our bug tracker.
Changes since RC1
* Disabled some diskid / gptid labels from installer
* Updated HandBook with additions for 10.1.1
* Fixes to Lumina desktop default settings
* Disabled the lock functionality in AppCafe
* Fixed an issue with VirtualBox modules not being loaded after install
* Updated some man pages for pbi_* commands
* Fixes to how ISO / memory disks are mounted via Mount Tray
* Fixes to Mount Tray for mounting exFAT partitions with write access
* Fixed an issue with UEFI USB media not loading GRUB correctly
* Removed pc-soundmixer utility, functionality has been merged into tray app
PC-BSD 10.1.1 notable Changes
* Brand new system updater which supports automatic background updating of the system
* Many improvements to boot-environments and GRUB support for a wider variety of setups
* Support for installation to a specific GPT partition and GPT dual-booting improvements
* Conversion to Qt5 for all desktop utilities
* Fixes to using dtrace when booted from GRUB
* Re-write of Mount Tray utility, improves mounting of external media
* Support for full-disk encryption (without an unencrypted /boot) using GELI v7
* More packages available for installation from DVD/USB/CD images via “PC-BSD roles“
* New OVA files for virtual machines
* Misc bugfixes and improvements to utilities
* GNOME 3.14.1
* Cinnamon 2.4.2
* Lumina desktop 0.8.0
* Chromium 39.0.2171.95
* Firefox 35.0
* NVIDIA Driver 340.65
* Pkg 1.4.4
Users currently running the EDGE package repo can now update their packages via the updater GUI or “pc-updatemanager” utility to be brought up to date with RC1.
Updates for users on the 10.1-RELEASE / PRODUCTION repo will be available once 10.1.1-RELEASE is announced.
10.1.1-RC2 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from here via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.1.1? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.