Kris has announced the availability of the next 10.0 image:
The next PC-BSD 10-STABLE image is now available for download!
This image is a very early cut of the new stable/10 branch of FreeBSD and is probably only suitable for advanced users or developers. A PKGNG repository is available for this release, however it is missing a number of packages we would normally ship with, such as virtualbox drivers, KDE accessories, etc.
If you are updating from an earlier version of 10-STABLE you may need to manually run pkg-static upgrade and remove any conflicting packages. This is due to the switch to Gnome3 and the Linux Centos 6 compatibility layer.
- Includes FreeBSD 10-STABLE / 10.0-BETA3 from 11/20/2013
- Includes the Gnome3 / Mate / Cinnamon desktops, replacing Gnome2.
- Updated installer options for text-mode, including ZFS options
- Improved PBIs support
- Updated our Linux compatibility layer to Centos 6
- Numerous bug-fixes
10-STABLE notable features:
- Updated KMS / AMD driver support
- ISO file is a hybrid USB file, and can be â€œddâ€œed to a USB media.
- New text-based installer
- New UEFI loader on installation media
- Able to select between GRUB/BSD loaders during installation
- New desktops! Gnome 3, Mate and Cinnamon
- And much more!
Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our Trac database.