The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC1 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 10.1 release.
PC-BSD Notable Changes
* KDE 4.14.2
* GNOME 3.12.2
* Cinnamon 2.2.16
* Chromium 38.0.2125.104_1
* Firefox 33.0
* NVIDIA Driver 340.24
* Lumina desktop 0.7.0-beta
* Pkg 1.3.8_3
* New AppCafe HTML5 web/remote interface, for both desktop / server usage
* New CD-sized text-installer ISO files for TrueOS / server deployments
* New Centos 6.5 Linux emulation base
* New HostAP mode for Wifi GUI utilities
* Misc bug fixes and other stability improvements
Along with our traditional PC-BSD DVD ISO image, we have also created a CD-sized ISO image of TrueOS, our server edition.
This is a text-based installer which includes FreeBSD 10.0-Release under the hood. It includes the following features:
* ZFS on Root installation
* Boot-Environment support
* Command-Line versions of PC-BSD utilities, such as Warden, Life-Preserver and more.
* Support for full-disk (GELI) encryption without an unencrypted /boot partition
A testing update is available for 10.0.3 users to upgrade to 10.1-RC1. To apply this update, do the following:
edit: /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf (As root)
Change “PATCHSET: updates”
% sudo pc-updatemanager check
This should show you a new “Update system to 10.1-RELEASE” patch available. To install run the following:
% sudo pc-updatemanager install 10.1-update-10152014–10
As with any major system upgrade, please backup important data and files beforehand!!!
This update will automatically reboot your system several times during the various upgrade phases, please expect it to take between 30–60 minutes.
10.1-RC1 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from here via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.1? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.